Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Our First Month ...

08.20.2013

Today marks Wade and my one month anniversary! Yea I know ... One month big deal. But it really is a big deal. This past month I have been the happiest I have ever been. So let's review some highlights ...

1. Our first date! - Wade had planned to take me to the Dubliner. I was SO nervous. It had been a long time since I went on a first date. When he arrived at my condo, I showed him my place. We ended up talking from the time he got there until 1:40am! We never left my condo! And it was the best first date. :-)

2. Meeting my bff and bff's husband - I am not sure why I needed Wes' approval, but I really wanted him to like Wade. I love the idea of couples outings ... like dinners, float trips, vacations. So Wes' approval was a must. Jess met Wade the night before Wes. She liked him! So I was pretty sure Wes would too. And he did! I received a text on my way home from dinner saying "Wes approves".

3. Meeting Wade's parents and sister - I was probably more nervous to meet Wade's family then I was for our first date. His family is close and I really wanted them to like me. I feared they would hate me and our relationship would fizzle out as a direct effect. Thank goodness they all like me! His family is so sweet and funny. I laughed so much on the car ride back to his parents house. I am looking forward to seeing them all again.

4. Knowing he wants the same things as I do - It is no secret I want to be a momma. I have dreamed of having kids since I was little. I REALLY want to get married and have kids. Preferably in the order! Wade is a romantic and also wants to get married and have kids. Not saying we are getting married or having kids, but it is great to know that you are on the same page with someone. 

5. Flowers! - This lucky girl really hit the jackpot with such a romantic guy. Only a couple weeks into this relationship, Wade sent me flowers. Such a surprise. Gold star for my handsome boyfriend!

Happy one month anniversary hun! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment