Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Attention Seekers and the "Poor Me's" ...

09.03.2013

Remember a time before Facebook when no one knew how you were feeling unless you told them? Wasn't that a refreshing time, since you could just avoid a conversation with the complainers?

I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. Mostly hate ... I spend way too much time scrolling through my news feed and getting so annoyed by stupid shit that really doesn't affect me in the least. Lately as I scroll through I want to slap the women posting cleavage, bikini, and skanky photos on their walls that have their children on their friends list. Ladies (I am using that term loosely) we both know you are posting these pictures to get a raise and comments from your male friends. I am not hating on you! I get it. I like attention too. But the difference between you and I ... My teenage impressionable child is not on my friends list.

Another issue I have with Facebook are the "poor me" posts. Not just the "I locked my keys in my car" "It's Monday and I don't want to work", but the full on depressing posts. I understand you maybe hurting, but Facebook should not be your outlet. Everyone on your friends list does not need to know the inner workings of the relationship either ending or breaking. People develop an opinion and not necessarily a good opinion of you. After all you are sharing your personal business with the world, so who's to say you wouldn't share personal information I made you privy to. 

Well that's enough for now ...

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! I couldn't have said it better myself! I especially love the ones who throw pitty parties for themselves. You know the "got no job, no car, no place to live, etc" (somehow they can still get on Facebook) You tell them some places that are hiring and then they don't go apply. Gah!

    ReplyDelete