Thursday, June 13, 2013

Road to soda recovery Update ...

06.13.2013

Here's an update on where I am with breaking my soda addiction ...

Today is day 13. Although I really want a soda, the cravings aren't as bad. I no longer have caffeine headaches like the first week.

Are you wondering why I would give up my beloved Pepsi? ... That is a good question. And the simple answer is Weight Loss.

There is no nutritional value in soda. So really the question should be why are you still drinking soda? ... Go head think about that for a minute ... Did you come up with a great reason? I bet you did, but only to convince yourself that you should still drink it.

This is the calendar I am using to break the soda habit. It takes 21 days to break a habit. Constancy is key. If you make it five days then slip up, you start back over at one the next day. The idea is a full 21 days without your poison of choice. I am not sure if I will never have a soda again, but I can tell you I will not make it a daily (or hourly) occurrence.

The way I used the calendar:
I put my habit as Quit Soda
Start Date: June 1
Goal Date: End of Summer
Goal Achieved: Blank
I am using the calendar to quit soda to develop the good habit of drinking more water. I put a sticker yes I am that big of a kid! over the number to represent each day I have completed without soda. I only used Trail #1 since I have not had an issue with relapsing.

Let me know if you are changing a habit. What method(s) are you using? I look forward to reading your comments!

I found the calendar here
*I am in no way affiliated with the church of LDS. I just really liked the habit calendar*

No comments:

Post a Comment