Thursday, June 6, 2013

Road to soda recovery ...

06.06.2013

I decided that as of June 1st I would give up soda. At least for the summer. I didn't realize my dependency on Pepsi until I told myself I could no longer have it. So like a crack head searching for a fix, I have asked to smell other's sodas when they open them. Oh how I love the smell of the fizz of a freshly opened can or bottle. Yum!

I am only six days in, so I can't really give you a full report of how it went. But I can give a report on where I am at right now.

Day 1 - This was probably the easiest. The night before I let myself drink as many sodas as I wanted. I think I had four. I consumed half a pitcher of Strawberry Kool-Aid.

Day 2 - I consumed a few glasses of the remaining Kool-Aid and several cups of hot tea. Hot tea also suppresses your appetite. I smelled several sodas on Day 2. I even had thoughts of just letting the soda sit in my mouth then spitting it out. I did not do this. 

Day 3 - WATER! I consumed a lot of water. I still wanted a soda, but I refused to let myself think about it.

Day 4 - OMG the headaches! My head has never hurt as badly as it did on Day 4. I had a cup of coffee and several cups of tea. Nothing helped. I suffered through.

Day 5 - I wanted to strangle everyone! I was extra irritable with the lack of caffeine that I achieve from soda. I am really proud of myself for not giving in to soda.

Day 6 - I have a headache. Other than that I am okay.

Next Thursday I will give you another update. Wish me luck!

2 comments: