Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up ...

06.10.2013

Saturday:
The countdown to Shannon and Matt's nuptials has begun! Shannon's wedding shower was Saturday. Her mom and Maid of Honor did an amazing job. Not going to lie I was a little nervous walking into a room not knowing anyone except the bride and her mom. But it was a great day. Shannon looks so happy and so grateful for all the gifts she received.
 Table favor
 me and Shannon (she's the one with the the rock)
 Adorable and tasty cupcake
Adorable and tasty cupcake

Saturday morning I posted this special message to Shannon and Matt on my Facebook page:
"Countdown to Shannon 's wedding begins today...

When I met Shannon many years ago we instantly became "sisters". After all, she needed a big sis to navigate the world outside of Ward and June. If you would have told me back then Shannon would fall head over heels in love, I would have told you "you're crazy and you do not know career focused, 'I don't need a guy' Shannon M*******d at all!"
Oh how her world has changed! The love she has for Matt radiates through her and all can see by the sparkle in her eyes and beautiful smile. Matt is everything Shannon knew God had in store for her. Congratulations on the journey the two of you are embarking upon.

Happy Wedding Shower Shannon!!!"



Sunday:
If you haven't realized by now ... B and A are my world. I love these two tiny people so much. I loved both the moment I was told Jess was pregnant. I remember the first time I held them. Looking into their tiny faces, I knew these babies stole my heart.
At some point I decided that five is a HUGE birthday and I would do something extra special for this birthday.
Special Dinner Date - B and I went to McDonald's. He ordered almost completely by himself! Explained to me how to make orange soda using Hi-C orange and sprite. If you listen closely you can learn so much from a five year old!
B asked several times why I had a present with me. I told him he would find out after he ate dinner. After finishing the pouch of apples (yep Jess I made him eat the fruit!) it was time to open the present. Although B doesn't really understand why he received a present months after his birthday, I know he appreciates the present.

My favorite part of the dinner was when B looked up at me and said ... "We should do this more often, just you and me."

Thank you Jess and Wes for letting me take B to dinner. He was so good and really had a blast!
B and I during our dinner date!
B opening his gift
SO excited! 
I think he likes it. lol

I had a great weekend. I hope all of you did as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment